Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

Learning from My Peers

As part of my job, I have the opportunity to interview students with majors that fall under the broader umbrella of the College of Education, Health and Society. Thus far, I’ve interviewed 16 students with majors varying from Early Childhood Education to Athletic Training, and nearly everything in between.
Photo of Ashley Pierce, one of the students I
interviewed this past semester.

Being able to conduct these interviews has been really interesting, because it gives me the opportunity to learn more about my peer’s experiences at Miami.

When I interview students who have already gone through student teaching, they often give me advice for what I’ll face next year, and I make sure to highlight their experiences in the videos I create of the interviews.

Moreover, when I interview students with majors in the Kinesiology & Health Department, for example, I learn about a completely different side of the College of Education, Health and Society that I wouldn’t necessarily have encountered otherwise.

Conducting these interviews has also made me recognize how many incredible individuals are in my classes at Miami. I learn more about my peers in the 5-10 minutes these interviews take, than I ever thought I would, and I think that is what makes the “Student to Student” video series so cool.

I really enjoy listening to what my peers have to say about their experiences at Miami, and I hope that these videos give others a window into what it’s like to be a Miami student.

Over the course of this coming semester, I hope to interview more of my peers with varying majors so I can learn even more about different aspects of the College of Education, Health and Society.

If you’re interested in watching the videos currently posted, here’s the link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoo6IeUdlwJ0GI6aD-Rh-zJDwD-TGf9-H

No comments :

Post a Comment