Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Field Experiences

Last semester, I completed 75 hours of observation/teaching in a high school, and this coming semester, I am going to complete 30 hours in a middle school, either in 7th or 8th grade.

During my high school field experience, I had the opportunity to teach 11th grade college prep, and I also assisted with a 12th grade acting class.

I’m looking forward to being able to be in a middle school setting, especially since I haven’t had any experience observing in a 7th or 8th grade language arts classroom yet.

I’m not sure which grade I will be placed in, but I am looking forward to the experience either way, as I think it will give me a better idea of what grades I would ideally like to teach.

The high school that I was placed in was very different from the high school I attended, so I’m hoping to be in a middle school that is also different from the one I attended so that I can have a wider range of experience and learn more about how different school districts operate.

This past semester, I also had to apply for student teaching, and I found out this week that I will be student teaching in the fall of 2015, which is very exciting. I’ll find out where and what grade I will be teaching in April, and I cannot wait to see where I will be placed.

2 comments :

  1. Carrie,

    What do you think about posting information about the edTPA process on your blog? You will be completing the edTPA as you student teach. I am trying to get high quality suggestions and recommendations about how to successfully complete the edTPA in as many credible places as possible.

    Dr. Doug Brooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Brooks,

      During this semester, I plan to post an informational piece on the edTPA process, and then in the fall when I am student teaching, I plan to catalog my experience with it. I hope that my experience with the edTPA will be able to help others who will face it later on down the road!

      Delete