Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

New Semester, New Classes

This semester, I am taking 20 credit hours, in addition to completing 30 field hours in a middle school.

Only one of my classes, EDT 428 (Adolescent Language Arts II), is a cohort class, and it is almost like a continuation of my EDT 427 class that I took this fall. Additionally, I am taking one other education class, EDT 423 (Literature and Other Media for Adolescents). Several of my friends in my cohort have already taken this class, so I am looking forward to learning more about the subject.

Beyond these two education courses, I will be taking four English courses, one of which is online.

My online class is ENG 302 (Structure of Modern English), and in this class, I will learn about the linguistic structure that makes up American English. This fall, I added a second minor in Linguistics, so I am especially interested in this class.

I will also be taking ENG 304 (Backgrounds to Composition Theory and Research), which, as the name implies, deals with composition theory. To a non-English major, this class probably doesn’t sound all too exciting, but I have to admit that I cannot wait to see what it’s all about.

Another class I’m taking is ENG 309 (Introduction to Linguistics), which is yet another English class I’m looking forward to. Have I mentioned yet how much I love the English language?

For my sixth course this semester, I will be taking ENG 338 (African American Writing, 1946 – Present). I’m (again) looking forward to this course because I will be reading novels by Alice Walker and Toni Morrison (among others). Both of these authors have been on my “To Read” list forever, and this semester, I will finally read some of their novels.

No comments :

Post a Comment