Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

Oh, the Places You'll Go...

Since I started at Miami, I have been placed in four different schools.

The first two schools that I did my service learning in during my freshman year were a mixture of suburban/rural. For my first experience, I was in a third grade math classroom, and for the second experience, I was in a fifth grade science classroom.

While neither of these experiences was in reading/language arts classroom, I was able to get a better feel for what grades I ultimately wanted to teach, especially since I started out as an Early Childhood Education major.

Also, I went to school in a very suburban environment, so having this mixture of rural was different and interesting to be exposed to.

In the fall, for my high school field experience, I was in a more urban environment, which was a stark contrast to the school I attended. I was glad to have this experience, because my coordinating teacher and the students I taught had a lot to teach me.

This semester, for my middle school field experience, I was in a rural school, which I learned a lot from as well.

On Monday of this week, I learned that I will be in a suburban high school for my student teaching experience in the fall. I didn’t request any school in particular for my placement, so I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I have to say that I am certainly looking forward to meeting my cooperating teacher and learning more about what I will be teaching in the fall.

No comments :

Post a Comment