Pages

Friday, December 5, 2014

‘Twas the Night Before Finals Week

Photo taken of most of my cohort.
‘Twas the night before finals, when all through the campus,
not a student was sleeping, the teachers have slammed us.
The textbooks were open by their laptops with care,
in hopes that their professor’s all would be fair.

The students were sleepy, awake at their desks,
while visions of words seemed grandly picturesque.
And comrades with their laptops, and music with Kid Cudi,
had settled our brains for a long night of study.

Outside the library there grew a loud racket,
I sprang from my chair and threw on my blue jacket.
Away to the doors I ran at full blast,
flung open the gates, and was outside at last.

The moon glistened and shone on the ice coated trees
gave light to the buildings which surrounded the freeze,
when before my eyes there appeared such a sight,
a sleigh and eight reindeer flew above like a kite.

With a good cup of coffee, so bitter and warm,
I knew in an instant it would hit me like a storm.
Faster than a cheetah, the caffeine was strong,
soon it was clear that I would be up all night long

“Now English! Now dancing!
Now, papers and prancing!
On due dates! On Monday!
On Tuesday and Thursday!
To the light of the day!
To the light of the night!
Now read away! Read away!
Read away all!”

Good luck on finals!

2 comments :