Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

Shaking Off the Stress of this Semester

Before starting this semester, I was warned that junior year is always the hardest, but until I was in midst of my semester, I didn’t believe it.  

In addition to my field block, which consisted of four classes in direct relation to my major, I also had to complete 75 hours of field experience in a high school. This meant waking up at 4:45AM every day for two sets of two weeks. During this time, I didn’t have to go to my field block classes, but I still had to go to my two classes outside of field.

I think my favorite part of this semester, was getting to know my cohort and having that network of people to rely on. I can’t express how grateful I am to be surrounded by such incredible people, and I’m looking forward to watching where life takes each of us.

My biggest takeaways from the semester have a lot to do with beating stress and time management, because despite how much work and how stressful my semester was, I still had to make time for fun -- no matter how difficult juggling my schedule was.

This finals week was especially stressful, as I had a combination of 5 papers and projects due over the course of the week, most of which I could not start until the Friday before. I found myself a constant inhabitant of the library, and at one point, I realized I spent more time working in the library than I had actually sleeping.

But, that being said, even living in the library for a week allows room for fun, especially when it comes to “shaking off” the stress of finals. Have a great winter break!

(The video above is a video of myself, a friend, and two girls we met in the library, dancing to Taylor Swift's "Shake it Off" during a study break at 1:30AM on Wednesday night/Thursday morning).

No comments :

Post a Comment