Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

When the Job Search Takes Over

The job search is in full swing.

This week, I feel as though I’ve spent the majority of my time drafting answers to questions on job applications, writing letters of introduction, and taking questionnaires that identify my teaching style.  

I’m applying for jobs like crazy.

I attended Grad Fest earlier this week and purchased my
cap and gown.
And it’s hard work. But I’m enjoying it – maybe even too much, as I seem to be applying for jobs in place of doing some of my homework (apologies to any of my professors who may be reading this – I promise I will catch up).

In my defense, however, I am attending two different teacher job fairs this coming week, and I’m trying my best to get all my ducks in a row, so to speak.  

I feel relatively prepared for both events, but I want to make sure that everything goes smoothly. By the end of tomorrow, I hope to have submitted applications to all of the schools I plan on talking to. By Sunday night, I hope to have my portfolio polished and ready to go.

My head is swimming with to do lists of things I need to do, and it’s causing some stress, but I’m also so incredibly excited. I can’t wait to attend these job fairs and see what’s in store.

Attending these job fairs makes me realize that graduation is sooner than I would like to admit, and as excited as I am about everything that comes along with the next six or so weeks, I’m also nervous.


But as I said, I’m enjoying filling out these job applications, and they’re making me picture my own classroom, wherever it may be. 

No comments :

Post a Comment