Pages

Friday, March 11, 2016

Mock Interview

Photo of the outfit I wore to my
mock interview.
Earlier this week, Career Services had a mock interview event strictly for teacher candidates. To help with the interviewing process, Career Services brought in individuals from nearby school districts.

I decided to sign up for an interview, but I wasn’t really sure what to expect in terms of how helpful I would find it.

The night before my interview, I perused the Career Services website and found a list of potential interview questions for teacher candidates. I read through the list and answered the questions, realizing that I readily had an answer for each question. Before I even set foot in the Career Services office, I felt confident about the interview.

The mock interview process itself was definitely a huge confidence booster as well.

The woman who interviewed me made the whole process very easy, and we got started right off the bat.

It started with the basic tell me about yourself questions, and from there, we moved on to more situational based questions where I was able to draw on my student teaching experience.

After each question, she would ask me how I felt I answered, and then we would discuss what I did well, and where I could possibly improve.

At the end of the interview, she even asked what questions I would have for a potential employer, which was also very helpful in terms of making sure that the possible questions I may have were valid.

However, the most helpful piece of feedback I received was that I am interview-ready. While I’ve always been fairly confident in my interview abilities, there’s something about interviewing for a teaching position that scares me more than interviewing for a company.

While I was unsure about how helpful the mock interview would be, I’m definitely glad that I had the opportunity to go through the process, especially now that I’m starting to apply to schools.

No comments :

Post a Comment