Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Robert Frost Agrees

Robert Frost was quoted saying that Miami is “The most beautiful campus that ever there was.” It’s hard to argue with that, and not simply because it was said by Robert Frost. His statement couldn’t be closer to the truth.

Photo I took in the woods on Western
Campus last spring.
Miami has a charm to it, from the aesthetically pleasing brick buildings to the tall trees that tower over campus. But there’s more to it than just these notable features.

In the past year and a half that I’ve been on campus, I’ve had some time to explore. However, I still haven’t discovered all that there is to see and experience on campus.

One of my favorite discoveries was made last year with some of my friends on Western Campus. There is a beautiful wooded trail that follows a creek all along the back of Western. It’s truly stunning.

We discovered it in the spring of last year, so it was really neat to see all the wild flowers blooming along the path. It was picturesque, to say the least. 

Photo I took of the Formal Gardens in October.
Another discovery that my friends and I made were the Formal Gardens which are found on the northern end of campus. We discovered this hidden treasure while participating in the Redhawk Hunt, which is a 24-hour photo scavenger hunt.

The Formal Gardens are especially stunning in the spring and fall (and I’d imagine the summer too!). When the weather is nice, students are always sitting in the Formal Gardens working on homework. Once it starts to warm up, I plan on taking my homework over there.

There is one last discovery that I’ve found while at school, and despite it not being on campus, it is worth mentioning. Last year for my evolution class, my professor offered us the opportunity to go fossil hunting in Hueston Woods State Park.

Photo I took of Hueston
Woods last spring.
I was really happy that I decided to go because the views were absolutely stunning, and I found some pretty neat fossils. I look forward to the next time that I can go back.

In addition to the aforementioned woods found on Western, there are several other wooded areas on campus that I have yet to explore. 

While there are so many other hidden treasures on Miami’s campus that I have not mentioned, all of them are definitely still worth exploring. After all, it’s no secret that Miami is a beautiful campus.



No comments :

Post a Comment