Pages

Friday, October 23, 2015

The edTPA is Finished

Last weekend, I put the finishing touches on my edTPA.

Once I finally hit the last task, it seemed to fly by, rather than crawl as it had been for approximately two months.

Upon finally submitting my edTPA to all the proper sources, I celebrated by buying myself dinner. After having this project weigh on my shoulders for a few months, I noticed that it started to take its toll, so I gave myself a break from, well, everything.

Photo I took on a flight home last October.
I spent the rest of the weekend relaxing and grading the few papers I needed to grade. Needless to say, it was nice. I haven’t had a calm and relaxing weekend since I began the edTPA process. It was much needed.

But now that it’s over, I can really focus on my students and I’ve already noticed a difference this week. I no longer feel like I have to rush through making my lesson plans, grading papers, or giving feedback. I feel like I can focus on what it is that my students need, and I don’t feel like my attention has to be in five places at once.

While multitasking may be my forte, I was struggling to find a solid balance between the edTPA and the reading and writing workshop style in which I am teaching. My cooperating teacher and I are using standards based grading in the workshop, and the documentation for standards based grading is demanding. Now, I feel like I have a hold on what it is I need to be doing.

That said, I now intend to enjoy my weekend with a trip home. After all, the final submission deadline for the edTPA was today. So why not celebrate?

No comments :

Post a Comment