Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

Here’s the Cliffhanger

Now that it’s the end of my junior year, I’m left to think about and reflect on my experiences this past year.

This has definitely been the most difficult school year I’ve had yet, but I have learned so much from all of my experiences and classes that it has made me realize what kind of teacher I will be, and how I want my classroom to look.

My professors pushed me to think outside of the box more than usual this year, and I am better off for it. Every paper, project, and assignment I had forced me to look at something from a new angle, and I feel more prepared than I did even a month ago to begin my student teaching in the fall.

Photo a friend took of me at The Bluffs, which are near
Miami's campus.
While sometimes I felt like my professors were being very particular about certain assignments, in hindsight, I now realize what it was that they were trying to teach. It’s experiences like that that make me feel like I learned more this school year than I have in previous years.

I’m really looking forward to preparing for student teaching over the summer. After meeting my cooperating teacher last week, we discussed different lessons and what she would like me to do to prepare for the fall, and I’m looking forward to getting a start on all of that.

Despite this being my most difficult school year yet, I made it through, and I climbed the mountain, so to speak. And now that it’s over, I can admire the view…

No comments :

Post a Comment