Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

8 Reasons Why I Love College

1. I learn something new on a daily basis

Whether it’s inside or outside of class, I’m constantly learning new things about the world around me. I love learning, and college has given me the endless opportunity to learn and expand my knowledge.

2.  I’m surrounded by incredible people

Finding people who have similar interests is a lot easier than it seems. Everyone can find their niche, whatever it may be, and there are plenty of people who will share their interests. It’s just a matter of looking in the right places.

3.  It’s a personal growth experience

College is a catalyst for change. There’s no avoiding that. As cliché as it may sound, what matters is how the change is handled.
Photos I took of the Homecoming Decorations the
Community Leadership Team in my dorm created.

4. Flexibility/Time Management

Everything comes with a choice, and I’ve realized that I’ve become better at balancing all the aspects of my life as college has gone forward. I’ve learned what times work best for me to complete my homework and what times work best for me in terms for classes. I can do everything on my own time, and I love having that freedom.

5.  I like the classes I take

It goes without being said that I love the classes in my major and minor. As for the classes outside of my major/minor, I wasn’t sure I would like them as much as I have. But I've noticed that since I had a choice in the classes that I could take and I was able to look through and pick out the ones I like, it’s made me enjoy them more.

6. It’s easy to be involved

There are so many different groups and organizations on Miami's campus, that it's hard not to join something. One of my favorite groups that I've joined is the Community Leadership Team in my dorm. We plan programs for residents, which is a lot of fun.


7. The food is actually good

When someone mentions college food, typically the response is not positive. But Miami is an exception to that. The campus food is actually really good, and there’s variety in the various locations around campus. While it would be easy to eat the same meals over and over again, there are options available. 

8. Miami is gorgeous

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. Miami’s campus is one the prettiest college campuses I’ve ever been on. I’m so lucky to go to school in such a picturesque place. 

No comments :

Post a Comment