Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

My Brief, Exhausting, and Amazing Trip Abroad

Picture I took inside
the Old Library at
Trinity College in Dublin.
For the past week, I was in Ireland and the United Kingdom with my parents and one of my siblings. This was my first time abroad, but I certainly hope it was not my last.

Picture I took of St. Patrick's Cathedral
in Dublin, Ireland.
We started our trip in Dublin, Ireland. The first day we were there, we went to Trinity College and saw the Book of Kells, as well as the Old Library on campus. The Old Library was one of the places I wanted to see while we were in Dublin and it was one of my favorite parts of the trip.

On our second day in Dublin it was raining, so we went to the Dublin Castle and St. Patrick’s Cathedral. That night, we listened to live Irish music, which was a lot of fun.

Picture I took of Big
Ben in London.
We started our third day very early and went to the airport to take a plane to London. While we were in London, we had beautiful weather that allowed us to walk and we took the underground all around the city.

Picture I took of
Westminster Abbey in
London.
First, we went to see Buckingham Palace, then we had afternoon tea at the Kingsway Hotel, we saw Big Ben, the outside of Westminster Abbey, the Tower of London, the London Bridge, Piccadilly Circus, and Trafalgar’s Square. Since we only had two days in London, we were trying to pack in as much as we could.

On the fourth day of our trip, we toured Westminster Abbey and I was able to see graves and memorials for many famous writers in Poets’ Corner. In addition, being able to walk around Westminster Abbey was incredible on its own. The building is rich with history and is absolutely stunning.

Picture I took of the Irish Sea from
Dún Laoghaire, Ireland.
After we toured Westminster Abbey, we took a train to Windsor and toured Windsor Castle. When we got back to London, we saw Kensington Palace and walked through the Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park. Later that night, we flew back to Dublin.

Picture I took of
Malahide Castle in
Malahide, Ireland.
On our fifth day, we took a train to Dún Laoghaire. While we were there, we saw the Irish Sea and walked around the town. When we were back in Dublin, we went to the National Gallery of Ireland to look at artwork.

The sixth day, our last day, we took a train from Dublin to Malahide and went on a tour of Malahide Castle. While we were there, we also toured the gardens.

While it was a whirlwind of a trip, I learned a lot about different places in the world and it made me want to travel more.

No comments :

Post a Comment