Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

A Fresh Start

Starting new classes has always been fun for me. I like to see what I have to look forward to in a semester and it's nice to gauge my overall workload. Which so far, despite classes being cancelled this week because of weather, doesn’t seem like it will be awful this semester.

I’m taking six classes this semester and each is worth three credit hours. I’m enrolled in…

·         COM 135 (Introduction to Public Expression and Critical Inquiry)
·         ENG 131 (Life and Thought in English Literature)
·         ENG 223 (Strategies for Writers)
·         ENG 134 (Introduction to Shakespeare)
·         EDL 318 (Teacher Leadership and School Organization)
·         EDP 279 (Technology + Media Literacy and Learning)

Picture I took of my planner for this week.
The fact that three of my six classes are English classes seemed daunting to me at first, but after this week, I’m more at ease with the idea and I don’t think that my workload will be unmanageable. While I’m in for another semester of a lot of reading and writing, I don’t particularly mind. After all, I was expecting a lot of reading and writing when I decided on my major and minor. 

I’m especially interested in my EDP 279 class this semester as it is an online class. This will be the first class that I have taken that is solely online. It will be a different experience than any of my other classes, but I’m curious to see how it will all work.

I’m also looking forward to my COM 135 class. I’ve had quite a bit of experience in public speaking, but I’m interested to see how I can improve on my skills.

It was nice to have some classes cancelled this week, as it made coming back a lot easier, but I'm definitely ready to get back into the swing of things.

No comments :

Post a Comment