Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

Better Catch Up on Sleep While You Can

With finals looming around the corner, sleep deprivation is starting to happen naturally, it seems.

Image I took while studying during finals week in
December of last year.
This week was the week before finals and there are always so many papers and projects due during this week. I’m lucky with the fact that I only have 2 finals during finals week, as I took one final yesterday and the rest of my finals are papers, only 1 of which still needs to be written.

Finals week is always an interesting time. The library is always packed with people studying for exams and pretty much every quiet spot on campus is crowded.

Coffee, energy drinks, and snacks surround each table that’s coated in laptops, cords, headphones, and books too. Sleep becomes an option, sadly, and healthy food options are traded in for processed food. It’s a true test of survival in college.

During fall semester finals week last year, I nearly forgot to put soap in my laundry. Then during spring semester finals week, I ran into a door and a pole on my way to a final. In my defense, when I ran into the pole, my mom was talking to me, so I was distracted. As for the door, I have no excuse for how that happened.

Finals bring stress, tears, and they can bring joy if properly studied for. The trick is to not only survive finals, but to survive the week too. 

Despite the gruesome nature of the week, finals week is also rather gratifying. It’s a sign that you’ve made it to the finish line of a semester after a lot of hard work. It’s a test of strength, in a way. Especially if the semester has been difficult, as this semester has been for me.

The best part about finals week is finally being able to go home for an extended period of time at the end of the week. After the lack of sleep and the stress, sleeping in my own bed is all I will look forward to.


Good luck on finals, and may the odds be ever in your favor.  

No comments :

Post a Comment