Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

3 Semesters Down, 5 to Go

After a lot of hard work and stress, this semester is officially over. Finals are done, and it’s time to go home. All that’s left for this semester is to wait for final grades to appear online.

This winter break is particularly long since Miami added a J-Term, and this will be the first time that it is in effect. I’m not taking any classes this J-Term, but I’m looking forward to being home for about a month and a half as a result of this added term.

My least favorite part about leaving for breaks is that I miss all the friends I’ve made at school. And as much as I don’t like saying it, I start to miss schoolwork too. At a certain point, being home starts to get boring when there’s not much to do. But maybe I'm alone in that opinion...

Picture I took yesterday in celebration of the end
of this semester.
One nice thing about having such a long winter break is that second semester starts 2 weeks later this year, which means that we’ll miss 2 weeks of cold weather at school, which is fine by me. Yesterday, I had a final at 8 a.m., and when I walked there, it was 3 degrees outside -- I was frozen.

That’s one of the reasons why I’m looking forward to break. I won’t have to walk outside to get food and I won’t have to wear 4 different shirts, a sweatshirt, and a jacket, just to make sure that I don’t freeze on my way to class.

Miami always looks pretty in the winter, but the cold weather and the snow aren’t fun, in terms of walking to class.

Catching up on sleep will also be a nice thing to do over break too, after a semester where sleep seemed to be an option and not a necessity. 

Hibernation sounds like a good idea for this break…

1 comment :

  1. Say Carrie, how about writing some reflections about the concepts and methods you are learning. What ideas have interested and inspired you? What ideas are difficult to understand? What have you learned that surprised you? How has your views of teaching and learning changed this semester? What new questions do you have?

    ReplyDelete