Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

My Last Semester

I can’t believe that I’ve already started my very last semester of undergraduate classes. It’s hard to believe that in a few short months, I will be getting my diploma.

Photo I took in October 2013.
Prior to my student teaching experience in the fall, I had finished all of the required education classes for my major. This semester, I am finishing out the classes for my minors, as well as one lingering Miami Plan credit, which also counts for the last credit I need to fill for my major.

My schedule for the semester looks a little something like this:

ENG 293 (Contemporary American Fiction)
ENG 495R (Capstone in Writing and Rhetoric)
ENG 406 (Discourse Analysis) Capstone
ENG 450J (Studies in Genre: The Western) Capstone
FRE 131 (Masterpieces of French Culture in Translation)
ENG 298 (Introduction to Literary and Cultural Study)
KNH 110T (Social Dance)

As per usual for me, this semester will involve copious amounts of reading and writing. But something that is new to this semester, is that I will also be watching a lot of western films. My capstone on the western is cross-listed as a film studies class, so I will be learning a lot about how to dissect a western, which is a genre I know very little about.

Since I’m not yet as organized as I would like to be, it’s hard to say whether or not my semester will be as difficult as it looks. I’m hoping to get to a point where I can start to work ahead in my classes so that it feels easier and less stressful.

It’s still hard for me to believe that it’s my last semester here at Miami. I thought that coming back to classes after student teaching would be a difficult transition, but it turns out that it wasn’t. I’m looking forward to everything that I will learn throughout the semester, both inside the classroom, and outside.

No comments :

Post a Comment