Pages

Friday, September 18, 2015

Observation #2

This week, I was observed for the second time by my supervisor. My first observation was only about two weeks ago, when I first started to take over classes, and it went well – not outstanding, but well. My supervisor was pleased with my progress then, so I was interested to receive his feedback this week.

Despite knowing that my first observation went well, I was still nervous.

I was hurrying around during my planning period to make sure that everything was just right.

Was my lesson plan in the right spot in my binder? Yes.

Did I mark my lesson plan with a sticky note? Yes.

Was the rubric that my supervisor requested easily accessible in my binder? Yes.

Were my goals displayed on the board? Yes.

Photo I took of the lesson plan book that my
cooperating teacher and I use. We each have
a copy, and we go through weekly plans
together and have them written down so
we are both on the same page.
The bell rang signaling the end of my Creative Writing class, and my supervisor entered my classroom. The nerves hit me in full force.

I took a deep breath as I showed my supervisor where to find my lesson plans as well as the rubric he requested, and I turned to face my students.

The lesson I taught was on lead writing, and I wanted my students to practice writing three different leads for a piece of writing they’re working on called an indelible moment.

All in all, my lesson was a success.

In the conference I had with my supervisor after I taught, he complimented my improvement over the past two weeks, and told me I’m doing a great job, which he even specified is a compliment coming from him, as he is honest in how he feels his student teachers are doing.

I was really pleased with my observation overall, and while I know that I will still be filled with nerves for the next observation, I at least know that I’m doing something right.

No comments :

Post a Comment