Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

College Snow Days

Screenshot I took of the temperature yesterday morning.
Remember how excited you were when you were in grade school and you found out you had a snow day? Multiply that feeling by 10 to accurately depict a college student’s excitement.

As a result of the weather we’ve been experiencing, classes were canceled yesterday. With the wind chill yesterday morning, it was 22 below 0 outside, which would have made for a very uncomfortable and dangerous walk to class.

When I woke up yesterday morning and saw the text from Miami telling me that classes were canceled, I immediately changed my alarms to let myself sleep in a little more.

Having a surprise day off in college is one of the best feelings because it means that you have the opportunity to catch up on an array of activities, such as sleep, homework, cleaning, organizing, TV shows – which may or may not be how I spent my snow day yesterday.

An even better surprise was when I received an email from my professor last night canceling my class today, and since I don’t have classes on Monday, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I have an unexpected five day weekend, which is something that I intend to use to my advantage.

So while my excitement since I was in grade school has shifted from pure joy of being able to play in the snow on a snow day to now looking forward to catching up on everything that I’ve fallen behind on, I have to say that I am even more grateful for the time to catch up than I thought I would be, especially since the thought of going outside in this cold is rather unappealing…

No comments :

Post a Comment