Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Finding an On-Campus Job

This past summer, I started looking online for an on-campus job for the school year. While I was looking, there were a lot of jobs that involved dining halls and food service, but I wanted to avoid that if I could.Two of the summer jobs I’ve had have both involved food service, and while there’s nothing wrong with food service, I was hoping for a change.

I applied to seven different on-campus jobs this summer that would either provide me experience so I could build up my resume, or they were customer service positions, which I have experience in and have found I enjoy. When I found out about a job in the College of Education, Health, and Society, I was beyond excited. It was perfect.

Image I took for the EHS Instagram.

Currently, I work in the College of EHS as a Student Reporter and a Communications Assistant. In addition to keeping this blog, I also conduct student interviews which are put on YouTube on the Miami University EHS YouTube channel. This week, I also began posting tweets on Twitter and pictures through Instagram for EHS.

I’m glad that I have the opportunity to do something I love (writing) and that I have the opportunity to work with and learn more about some of my classmates through the interviews I conduct. I’ve enjoyed working for the Communications Team and I’ve been happy with my experiences so far.


Having a job that builds my resume is also a benefit since none of my summer jobs have been related to my major. In addition to loving writing, I also love photography, and with Instagram and the interviews, I am able to apply my skills as well as some new ones that I have learned.

Finding a job on-campus was important to me and I was amazed at how many options there were on the student jobs website.

(If you’re interested in following the Twitter account, the handle is @MiamiUEHS and for the Instagram account it is @miamiohehs)

No comments :

Post a Comment